in collaboration with the Colorado Supreme Court


How to Request a Free Lawyer

There are certain cases where the government will pay for you to have a lawyer  Those are limited to:

1. A criminal charge where there is a risk of jail time.

2. A child welfare case where there is a risk you will permanently lose your parental rights.

3. A contempt of court case where there is a risk of jail time.

4. A case where a minor is requesting to have an abortion without parental notification.

Outside of those case types, you are welcome to hire a lawyer to represent you or to represent yourself.


Fill out the form and file that into your case. You may have to fall under certain income guidelines to qualify.

Return to homepage


I'm confused or stuck, and I want additional materials or resources.

I Need More Information

Want to Save Your Progress?

Sign up for an account and you can quickly and easily save your place as you go through these questions. You can also save the resources to your personalized user dashboard and return to them whenever you want.

Create an Account