The Court's Decision
1st - What can the Court do?
- The Court will grant or deny the request for a Permanent Protective Order.
2nd - How Does the Judge Make a Decision?
- The Judge will listen to the testimony and review the exhibits.
- The Judge will determine which documents and witnesses are more believable than the others.
- The Judge will resolve any conflicting facts in the case.
- When there are conflicting facts, the Judge will determine which fact is more likely to be true.
- These, along with the undisputed facts, are called the findings of fact.
- The Judge will apply the findings of fact to the law to determine if the request should be granted.
3rd - When Will the Court Make a Decision?
- The Judge will decide the request at the end of the hearing.
4th - Written Orders
- If the Court grants the request, the parties will receive a copy of the Permanent Protective Order.
A Note on Service
- Learn More: How to Formally Serve the Respondent.