Fact Finding & Paperwork
1st - Know the Terms
- Parties exchange information with each other.
- You use this information to present your side of the story.
File & Serve
- Deliver the paperwork to the court.
- Give a copy to the other parties.
- Temporary Orders & Hearing
2nd - Do the Paperwork
- This kit has all the forms for this step in one document.
- Certificate of Compliance -JDF 1104.
- Sworn Financial Statement - JDF 1111.
- Financial Supporting Schedules - JDF 1111SS
- Parenting Plan - JDF 1113.
- Child Support Order - JDF 1117.
- Certification of Mediation Compliance - JDF 1337
Learn More: Filling out Forms.
3rd - First Case Meeting
- What -
- When -
- The parties will meet with a Judge or Family Court Facilitator.
- Do NOT bring your child(ren) to this meeting.
- Bring - Your completed paperwork:
4th - Parenting Class
- What - You must attend a parenting class.
- Where - Find classes by location.
File - Give the Certificate of Completion to the Court.
- Some classes may submit that certificate for you.
5th - Go to Mediation
Learn More: Mediation & ADR
I'm confused or stuck, and I want additional materials or resources.I Need More Information
Have a question about a specific legal topic?
Click on the below button to access information, forms, and instructions on specific legal issues, such as how to sue in small claims court, file for divorce, etc.Go to topics
Need to talk to a person?
Sometimes there is no substitute for contacting a live person. Quickly locate courts, self-help centers, legal aid services, legal assistance clinics, legal information events, and public libraries.Contact Options